Given the legal labyrinth that taxpayers often face, a judicious cost-benefit analysis is imperative in deciding which issues are worthwhile to litigate and which issues are more viable to concede.
Our in-depth understanding of industry verticals such as investment funds, e-commerce, business process outsourcing, media and entertainment etc. coupled with our extensive knowledge of tax laws enable us to approach tax disputes in an integrated manner.
Our emphasis on research and continuous learning has stood us in good stead, with our people being recognized and felicitated for our thought leadership. Our firm members have thrice in the last four years has won the global competition for dissertations in International Taxation at the International Bar Association.
In this respect, below are the key services offered by us to our clients:-
- Assistance in strategising tax litigation
- Explore alternative tax dispute resolution avenues
- Assistance in representations before the CIT(A), Dispute Resolution Panel (DRP) and Income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT)
- Assistance in preparation of advance ruling application and provide support for representation before the Authority for Advance Rulings (AAR) for settling a tax position
- Assistance in drafting and presenting applications to the competent authority for Mutual Agreement Procedure (MAP) under the tax treaties
- Assisting counsels in preparing/ representing appeals/petitions before high courts and Supreme Court.